Sunday, November 14, 2010

Snap-On Shoe Clips for your Beautiful Shoes

Style Save: Snap-On Shoe Clips

It only take a few seconds (and a few dollars) to give your shoes a spot-on new look
Adele Brennan ON Jul 27, 2010 at 6:00AM

A few weeks ago, I found one of my favorite pairs of vintage gold pumps unlovingly buried under a pile of odds and ends in my closet (Confession: I take terrible care of my shoes!). When I went to tug at one of them, a pretty little rosette that had been hanging out right near the top of the toe popped off. I was devastated -- or I was until I looked a tad closer and saw that the swirl of fabric was actually... a clip! And all I had to do was snap it back on to fix. Phew!

What was better than having my shoe fixed though? Seeing how it looked equally amazing with or without the clip on. Two shoes for the price of one? Yes, please!

But you don't need to buy a pair of vintage pumps like I did to make this wardrobe wonder happen. There are actually lots of really cute clips out there that you snap on to shoes you already have in your closet. I'd pair these Posie-Cure Clips ($15.99 at ModCloth) or these sparkly Ellie Multi-Color ones ($24.99 at Absolutely Audrey) with almost any plain (i.e. solid colored) heels or flats I have on hand. The ModCloth ones are perfect for day, while the set at Absolutely Audrey would take any shoe from day to night in five seconds flat.

Any good shopping or styling tips you've discovered totally on accident? Fill us in!

MY THOUGHTS

better lookfor these shoe clips. i've seen a lot for kids but not for women. imagine transforming your ordinary flats into beautiful shoes by simply clipping on those shoe clips. i'm sure we have it here.

No comments:

Post a Comment